About the IMRC
As part of CAS's Marketing and Communications program, the IMRC's mission is to provide multimedia and technology support to the College of Arts and Sciences, and the university at large, through the following strategies:
- Authoring web based applications to support faculty, staff and students; including general departmental and program websites, web-based curriculum support, and collaborative student projects.
- Support of web based applications with mulitmedia such as video, graphic design and photography, as well as social media.
- Teaching faculty, staff and students how to design, author and/or maintain new or existing web, audio, video, social media and image files.
- Providing an apprenticeship opportunity for Lehigh Students to learn or develop web-authoring, graphic and digital design, social media and database abilities in a team-based, collaborative environment, while always striving for professional standards.
- Assessing off-the-shelf software applications and new technology for classroom support. Helping to implement the same.
- Designing new applications for classroom support.
- The digitization and placement/streaming of various diverse multimedia -- including images, audio and video.
- Support of Modern Language learning by striving to emulate the possibilities of virtual immersion through streaming, technology and on demand web-based applications.